For conditions of entry that apply to all prisons, such as COVIDSafe procedures, general behaviour and the search process, refer to the current information for contacting and visiting prisoners.
The following additional details are specific to Loddon Prison and Middleton.
Visitors enter the prison through the reception area into a waiting area equipped with lockers and toilets, where the visitors' process takes place. It is also where any authorised property for the prisoner is left prior to the visit, and where property sent out by the prisoner is collected on completion of the visit.
Visitors are required to submit to an electronic search of their person prior to entry. Visitors' property/belongings will also be subjected to an electronic search at the time of processing
The Visit Centre is designed to promote a cheerful and pleasant atmosphere. Apart from the indoor area, there is a paved adjacent outdoor area with seating. A canteen and a baby change room are located near the entrance foyer.
The Visit Centre is a smoke-free area and tobacco products are not allowed.
Unauthorised items for visitors
Clutch purses, handbags, wallets, watches and mobile phones, pagers or any other communications devices are not permitted into the prison.
Visit canteens are currently only accepting card payments at this time.
Authorised items for visitors
The following items for children are allowed:
- 1 change of clothing per child
- 3 bibs
- 2 baby bottles, with formula either made up or if it is to be made up, this must be done in the presence of an Officer. There is a fridge available in the baby feeding area.
- 1 toddler drinking cup with lid (empty, no juice or water)
- 3 nappies and a small quantity of wipes in plastic bag
- 1 dummy (no toys or stuffed animals)
- 2 manufacture-sealed tins or jars of baby food (no yoghurt)
- 1 teething rusk in a sealed packet
- 2 blankets
- teething gel, nappy cream or any other medication. These must be in a plastic bag clearly marked with your name and given to an Officer in the Visit Centre. Access to these items can be gained as required.
No other items are acceptable without specific approval.