An approved visitor may leave authorised property for prisoners at visitors reception' on visit days.
The approved property items listed below must be brand new. All clothing will undergo a hot wash. Please be aware that Loddon Prison nor Middleton will be liable for any damage caused to clothing as a result of the hot wash process.
The following clothing will be accepted:
- 2 pairs of underwear (boxer shorts, jocks or a combination of both)
- 2 pairs of socks
- 2 singlets (white only, muscle tanks will not be accepted)
- 2 t-shirts (white only, long or short-sleeved, no v-neck, no collar, no buttons, no pockets, no logos of any description).
Prisoners requiring clothing for court or release are to submit a request to an Operations Manager. If approved, these items are to be placed directly into the prisoner’s property, and will not be issued until required.
The following items will be accepted:
- a maximum of two local or ethnic newspapers (not the Herald Sun, The Age as these can be purchased via the prison shop)
- a maximum of three reading books (soft or hard cover)
- a maximum of six photographs standard size (80mm x 160mm, no Polaroids)
- legal papers
- a maximum of two magazines.
The following magazines are not acceptable:
- restricted magazines
- weapons magazines
- magazines containing excessive violence
- hydroponics or home brewing magazines
- tattoo magazines
- disks contained within a magazine.
Please note that all property received at Loddon Prison or Middleton will be receipted at Visitors Reception on visit days and processed accordingly. If you have any queries, please ask staff at Visitors Reception.
Refer to the Sending Money section of the contacting and visiting prisoners page for details about how much money can be deposited for a prisoner and in what format.
Currently money can only be sent via Electronic Funds Transfer through Secure Payment Services if you are an approved visitor.
Food and drink
Food and drink (excluding water on request and baby formula/milk/drink for young children) will not be permitted during visits at this time to help prevent the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19). The visit centre canteen will be closed and vending machines will be unavailable.