You may leave property and monies (no cash accepted) at Visitor Reception for prisoners.
If a prisoner has already reached their property allowance, no additional items will be accepted.
The following guidelines are provided:
Please note: All incoming property (excluding suits) will be put through a “hot” wash and dryer cycle.
- 4 sets of underwear (can be jocks, boxer shorts, or combination of both)
- 4 pairs of socks
- 6 handkerchiefs
- 2 t-shirts
Clothing for court or release (has to be approved by Neighbourhood Manager) these will be placed into the prisoner’s property, not issued.
Please note: Clothing will not be accepted unless it is clean.
When in-person visits are available money can be dropped off at prisons. You must be on the prisoner’s visitors list to be able to send money.
To send money to prisoners, you can:
- purchase a money order at Australia Post
- send a bank cheque
- make an online transfer via Secure Payment Services (SPS), see below.
When sending a paper money order or a bank cheque to the prison, you must:
- write the prisoner’s full name and CRN (if known) on the front of the envelope
- write your own full name and address on the back of the envelope.
Prisoners can receive up to $140 per calendar month. Some prisoners may be eligible for an additional $50 per calendar month for phone calls.
Funds will be available to the prisoner on the following business day.
Cost for SPS
Currently, SPS is the most cost-effective way for family and friends (depositors) to transfer funds. Each transfer incurs a 3% processing fee, a 0.77% card payment fee and a processing fee of $0.94.
For example, a $10 transaction would incur an additional fee of $1.32 (total transaction cost for the depositor of $11.32). In comparison a money order would cost a total of $12.10.
Link to Secure Payment Services (SPS) website (External link)
- Maximum of 2 newspapers.
- Maximum of 2 reading books
- 6 photographs (no Polaroids. Up to A4 size only (computer generated photos, regardless of how many photos on it, are accepted as one photo)
- legal papers
Maximum of 2 magazines
The following magazines will not be accepted:
- Restricted Magazines
- Excessive violence
- Hydroponics/Home Brewing
- Picture and People magazines
- Tattoo magazines
Please note: The disk will be removed from any magazine that has this as an inclusion.
- Cash and personnel cheques (only money orders or bank cheques will be receipted via the mail).
- Letter/Envelope/Card with the following:
- Lottery/racing tickets etc
- Any type of tapes e.g. Sticky, Masking, Electrical etc
- Graffiti/Tags/Personal Logs
- Gang related logos or slogans
- More than six photos / Polaroid photo/Small photos (Passport size)
- Laminated item/ Blank Cards / Musical Cards / Oversized card or paper (Up to A4 allowed).
- Blank envelopes / Blank paper / Home-made paper / Blank Postcards/ Pre stamped and addressed envelopes
- Naked Photos / Magazine with naked images / inappropriate pictures, photos or drawings
- Prohibited Magazine (tattoo, military, drug or magazines with naked images)
- Correction fluid/Tape or Blue tack