Authorised Private Property that can be left at the prison by a visitor (who is listed on your “visits list”) without requiring “Governors Request” include:
- T-shirts white, crew neck, no pockets or logo (new)
- Shorts (plain black, no logo, not cargo style, no lower pockets)
- Singlet, white (new)
- Thermal underwear, white (new)
- Underwear (new)
- Socks (new)
- Cap (plain black or bottle green, no visible brand name)
No prisoner will be allowed to wear any clothing that has visible brand names.
- Doona single (new)
- Doona cover single (new)
- Sheets single (new)
- Pillow (new)
- Pillow case (new)
- Bath towel and or face washer (new)
- Photographs standard size (80mm x 160mm)
- Reading glasses/glass case
- Coffee cup x 1 (new)
- Personal and legal papers
- Books (including hard cover) max 3
- Magazines/Newspaper (not restricted category) max 3
Any items not on the above list will require “Governors request” approval before being accepted. This will be determined in accordance with Schedule 4.8 (2) of the Operating Procedures and Regulation 28 of the Corrections Regulations 2009. Property left at the prison by your visitor can be collected from the Store window between 4pm-4.30pm on Mondays.
Refer to the Sending Money section of the contacting and visiting prisoners page for details about how much money can be deposited for a prisoner and in what format.
At Beechworth Correctional Centre money may be brought in during visits, but only in cash.