For conditions of entry that apply to all prisons, such as general behaviour and the search process, refer to the current information for contacting a prisoner. The following additional details are specific to Loddon Prison.
Visitors enter the prison through the reception area into a waiting area equipped with lockers and toilets, where the visitors' process takes place. It is also where any authorised property for the prisoner is left prior to the visit, and where property sent out by the prisoner is collected on completion of the visit.
The visit centre is designed to promote a cheerful and pleasant atmosphere. Apart from the indoor area, there is a paved adjacent outdoor area with seating. A kiosk and a baby change room are located near the entrance foyer.
The visit centre is a smoke-free area and tobacco products are not allowed.
Unauthorised items for visitors
Clutch purses, handbags, wallets, and mobile phones, pagers or any other communications devices are not permitted into the prison. A small plastic bag will be provided by the prison to visitors to convey monies and other small items of acceptable personal property.
Authorised items for visitors
The following items for children are allowed:
- 1 change of clothing per child
- 3 bibs
- 2 baby bottles, formula already made up (no bottle bags or storage. There is a fridge available in the baby feeding area)
- 1 toddler drinking cup with lid (empty, no juice or water)
- 3 nappies, small quantity of wipes in plastic bag
- 1 dummy (no toys or stuffed animals)
- 2 manufacture-sealed tins/jars of baby food (no yoghurt)
- 1 teething rusk (sealed packet)
- 2 blankets
- teething gel, nappy cream or any other medication (must be in a plastic bag clearly marked with your name and given to an officer in the visit centre – access to these items can be gained as required)
No other items are acceptable without specific approval.