The Adult Parole Board has served the community of Victoria well for half a century – a reflection of the commitment and hard work of the chairmen, members and staff of the Board over those years. The connection between the Supreme Court of Victoria and the Board has been a close one throughout the whole of the 50 years of its existence.
Parole provides supervised, conditional release from incarceration which facilitates a parolee’s guided and supported re-entry into the community, and which, in turn, assists in maintaining public confidence and safety.
In 2007, the Board comprised 22 members and 15 secretariat staff. The membership of the Board included:
- three Judges of the Supreme Court
- three Judges of the County Court
- one retired Judge of the County Court
- one retired Chief Magistrate
- one Deputy Chief Magistrate
- two Magistrates, the Secretary to the Department of Justice
- a full-time member and nine community members.