Corrections Victoria is committed to driving key initiatives in response to The Royal Commission into family violence.
Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme
Corrections Victoria is a prescribed Information Sharing Entity (ISE) under Part 5A of the Family Violence Protection Act 2008.
If you are a prescribed ISE and wish to place a request for Corrections information, please provide the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- your name, job title and confirmation you are authorised by your employing ISE to make requests under the FVIS Scheme
- if you are a Risk Assessment Entity (RAE) or a general ISE under the Family Violence Protection Amendment (Information Sharing) Regulations 2018
- if you are a RAE, whether you are seeking information for a risk assessment or protection purpose
- whether the person who is the subject of the request is an alleged perpetrator (RAEs only), perpetrator, victim survivor or third party
- for protection purposes, the grounds for determining the person is a perpetrator or victim survivor
- the names of other parties related to the incident/s
- any factors indicating the urgency (high, medium, low) of the request to enable prioritisation
- confirmation of obtained consent from the victim survivor or third party to request that Corrections Victoria release information under Part 5A, or a statement indicating why consent has not been sought and obtained.
We will endeavour to respond to your request within five days, however in periods of high demand or complex requests it may take longer.
Family Violence Strategy 2018-2021
Enhancing Safety: Family Violence Strategy for the Victorian Corrections system 2018-2021 will guide the Victorian corrections system approach to family violence over the next four years. It is continuation of the work undertaken as part of the Family Violence Service Reform Strategy and the Corrections Victoria response to the Royal Commission into family violence.
Royal Commission into Family Violence
On 30 March 2016, the Royal Commission into Family Violence handed down 227 recommendations. The Minister for Corrections was responsible for the implementation of three recommendations, relating to women in prison and family violence victims who are clients of Corrections Victoria, all of which have been implemented.
Please follow the link for more information: - https://w.www.vic.gov.au/familyviolence/recommendations.html