You are here:
Commissioner's Requirements - Part 1
Commissioner's Requirements set out high level requirements in respect of operational matters. They are issued when specificity is required to ensure consistency and/or continuity of correctional practice across the whole prison system, encompassing both publicly and privately managed prisons.
They are developed in consultation with prison management and operators. The procedures set out in the Commissioner's Requirements must be adopted by all staff who are providing correctional services in Victoria.
The observance of these requirements enables a consistency in correctional services delivery across Victoria.
Commissioner's Requirements - Part 1 Security and Control can be accessed via files listed at bottom of this page. For parts 2,3,4 and 5, click on the links below.
These link(s) will open in a new browser window.
- 1.2.3 Strip Searches in Prisons (Word, 213KB)
- 1.2.4 Barrier Control Procedures (Word, 96.0KB)
- 1.2.5 Use of Ion Scanning Technology (Word, 133KB)
- 1.2.6 Preservation of Evidence and Management of Seized Contraband (Word, 117KB)
- 1.2.7 Identified Drug User Program - Category IDU A (Word, 112KB)
- 1.2.8 Funeral Attendance of Aboriginal Prisoners (Word, 131KB)
- 1.2.9 Contraband and Controlled Items (Word, 244KB)
- 1.3.1 Incident Reporting (Word, 211KB)
- 1.3.2 Fire Incident Reporting and Monitoring (Word, 172KB)
- 1.3.3 Reporting and Review of Prisoner Deaths (Word, 108KB)
- 1.3.4 Information Management and Security (Word, 106KB)
- 1.3.5 Notification of Privacy Complaints and/or Alleged Privacy Breaches (Word, 127KB)
- 1.4.2 Surveillance, Taping Protocols and Retention Periods (Word, 121KB)
- 1.4.3 Maintenance and Testing of Technological Systems in Prisons, including Cell Intercoms (Word, 108KB)
- 1.4.4 Access to and Security of Corrections Victoria Data for Research and Evaluation Purposes (Word, 100KB)
- 1.4.5 Prisoner Communications (Word, 100KB)
- 1.4.6 Media Access (Word, 112KB)
- 1.4.7 Body Worn Cameras (Word, 133KB)
- 1.4.8 Conduct and Ethics (Word, 159KB)
|Author:||Department of Justice and Community Safety - Corrections Victoria|
|Publisher:||Department of Justice and Community Safety - Corrections Victoria|
|Date of Publication:||2019|
|Copyright:||State Government of Victoria, 2019.|
If you would like to receive this publication in a more accessible format, you can request it via our website feedback form.