You are here:
Live, work and play in the Grampians Region
Working in a prison you can inspire prisoners to change their lives for the better. Living and working in the Grampians Region offers you the chance to live where neighbours look out for each other in a supportive community.
We are recruiting for more than 200 prison officer roles due to the expansion of the Hopkins Correctional Centre at Ararat, the adjoining transitional facility Corella Place, and Langi Kal Kal Prison at Trawalla.
This is a great opportunity to secure a rewarding and stimulating career in the Grampians Region.
Watch the video below and find out why our staff enjoy living, working and playing in the Grampians Region.
With the expansion of Hopkins Correctional Centre nearing completion and Corella Place and Langi Kal Kal Prison expansions already completed, recruitment is now underway to staff the facilities. A number of ongoing and casual Prison Officer positions, and other non-custodial roles, will be available at all our facilities in 2014.
Job opportunities include:
- prison officers - responsible for the day-to-day supervision of prisoners and play an important role in prisoner rehabilitation
- industry officers - (non custodial) supervise a team of prisoners who work within prison industry and prison service areas, such as wood or metal work, agriculture or catering
- clinical and health workers - (non custodial) use a range of approaches and treatment programs to reduce the risk of reoffending
- justice officer and business support roles - (non custodial) provide high quality business and administration support.
All non-custodial roles will be advertised on www.careers.vic.gov.au(External link).
The next round of prison officer recruitment for prisons in the Grampians Region opens on Monday, 28 April 2014 and closes on Thursday, 29 May 2014. Applications can be submitted at any time and will be held over until the next recruitment period.
Information sessions provide you with an opportunity to hear from experienced prison staff and ask questions.
Attending as session can be beneficial if you have already applied online, are considering applying, or would like to support someone in their decision to apply.
Information sessions will be held in Ararat, Ballarat and Maryborough during the recruitment period.
Visit www.cvcareers.com.au to find out when an information session is happening near you.
As a prison officer, you can help make a safer community by inspiring prisoners to change their lives and helping them gain the life skills needed to return to the community.
- secure career with opportunities for growth and advancement both within corrections and the broader justice field
- personal and professional development
- flexible family friendly rosters
- employee assistance programs
- access to great recreation facilities (gym, squash courts)
- supportive team environment and an active social club.
Learn more about being a prison officer in Grampians Region Prisons.
The safe and relaxed lifestyle of Grampians cities and towns is a major drawcard for young families and people looking to live in a regional area.
With major regional centres Horsham to the west and Ballarat to the east, the region includes the Grampians National Park and other significant parks and reserves including Mount Cole, Little Desert and Mt Arapiles-Tooan State Park.
Other cities and towns in the region include Ararat, Avoca, Beaufort, Elmhurst, Halls Gap, Moyston, Pomonal and Stawell.
Locals and tourists alike appreciate outdoor activities such as camping, bushwalking, hiking, four-wheel driving, cycling and canoeing inspired by the natural features of the region.
Learn more about the towns and services offered in the Grampians region.
The links below provide further information about living in the Grampians Region:
Use the link above to discover what happens when six people from the community go on a tour through a minimum and maximum secuity prison. Find out what they expect to see and what they think after they have been inside. You can find out more about working with Corrections Victoria at www.cvcareers.com.au (External Link)